Community Projects in which DCI Builders has donated labor, equipment, or materials or any combination thereof.
- Beginning in 1997 when Dennis and Susie’s son, Dustin, was in kindergarten at Ferndale Elementary School, DCI Builders poured a length of concrete where the graduating kindergarteners placed their handprints and their names. This is great fun for the kids and adults alike. There is now a “sidewalk” that lines school playground’s fence along Ocean Avenue. DCI has continued this fun tradition annually. It’s always fun to see the older kids come back to see their handprints after they’ve gone on to high school.
- Bocce Ball Courts in Ferndale 2007 – DCI provided labor, 10 yards of concrete, and miscellaneous supplies needed to form and pour the courts
- Suzanne’s House, Renner Drive, Fortuna, CA. This was a project spearheaded by Pam Murphy and Pam Bellah to provide housing for families when family members were hospitalized at Redwood Memorial. Dennis was the project manager, organizing subcontractors, asking for breaks on prices, and making sure the project turned out to be what was envisioned. DCI Builders donated labor, materials, equipment and Dennis’s expertise in making their dream a reality.
Annual contributions also include:
- Easter Seals of Northern California
- Dairy Princess Contest
- American Cancer Society – Relay for Life
- Humboldt Builders Exchange Scholarship Fundraisers – Golf Tournament
- Junior Livestock Auction – Supporter at Humboldt County Fair
- Ferndale Schools
- Redwood Memorial Ball
Requests for contributions and donations come in all the time. We try to keep a majority of our support within the Ferndale area, primarily geared toward the youth of our community.